Sunday, February 7, 2010

Excuse Me, Where Can We Watch the SUPERBOWL

Taking the Underground just about everywhere in London, the only place we were directed to was "Sports Cafe" to watch the SUPERBOWL. It's the SUPERBOWL. I guess I never realized how far I am from the US until tonight. Just like every other proud American, I made the time to watch the majority of the game despite the 2:21AM time it is right now. Morgan and I, like usual, spent two minutes in our flat today. After an early morning of cleaning the entire kitchen and common room because, apparently, our flat is the pregame flat (which is fine with us, cleaning is just a necessity) haha, we strutted our way to Primark, the go-to clothing store for great deals. After that, we made tacos with the beautiful girls of Flat F, got to know each other even more (if you can believe it!) and that's when this "excuse me, where can we watch the SUPERBOWL" fiasco began. Getting ready in a minute, Morgan and I threw clothes on (yes the new ones we got at Primark) to hit the streets of London in hopes of finding a sports bar playing the game. Of course, Londoners end their nights early so everywhere except for Sports Cafe was closed. The reason why Sports Cafe was a turn off was because there was a 15 pound cover and a huge line to go in. As Americans, we simply felt it was a right of ours to watch that God given game for free. We came back to the flats and watched it on the small 19 inch screen in the boy's suite. Though there weren't any commercials (my favorite part of the SUPERBOWL, besides the chili and corn bread of course), it was still great fun!
Emily (my hot roomie!) told me she got a new roommate! A hamster named Luna. I wish it wasn't so easy to replace me... just kidding! I can't wait to meet her.

3 comments:

  1. sports cafe is my favorite place in london. i used to go there to creep on cute boys from vanderbilt. have y'all gone to 1 pound pint tuesdays? its the best (obviously, for only 1 pound pints...) and there is no cover before midnight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!
    Its 1 50.. what the heck! but my god it was fun! Im updating this blog now so you gotta read the Sports Cafe part :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could never be replaced. Luna actually moved out. She has been forced to live in the common room because of her nightly activities ;) Miss you roomie!

    ReplyDelete