Tuesday, November 30, 2010

one time at bonaroo

It was raining hardcore and I had gotten split up from my friends but I was near enough to the stage that I could feel the music through the ground/mud and there were glowsticks flying everywhere and in everyones' hands and I was just lost in the music, when some girl whispered in my ear "don't forget to breathe." I turned around to try to see who it was but she had just become one with the crowd, but it was one of the most surreal experiences ive ever had and its one of the coolest things anyone has ever said to me. Cause it was so perfect and i was so into everything around me that it was the one thing anyone could have said to have brought me back into my body, back down to earth, and its such a simple phrase and could be taken in so many contexts, but the way she said it was what was perfect; somehow a whisper and yet perfectly clear over the deafening techno and with this overwhelming sense of importance that was still entirely playful. It's not something I'll ever forget.

And so I don't feel too bad about paying $40 for a tshirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment