Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It's Been Real, Elon

Guess what... you'll never guess.
I'm going to LONDON.
These next few weeks are going to be huge. This week is the last of Elon's and next week is London's first. I hope I can get my act together considering I haven't packed. Anything. Stop judging. Today is our "final exam" in Psychology of Film. I love this class because Vrinda (da professa) is so sweet and so are the students. They're the type of students who all collectively say "bless you" after you sneeze. For our final, we did a montage of Remember the Titans (go Rams, beat the Titans), Blind Side, The Express and Invictus. It's a trailer about prejudice and how film uses extremes of stereotypes... (TA DA! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuvsQfYyAfI) There are five presentations left, but there might as well be a million. I can't wait to be done with class, obviously, I'm a student... in America, but the end of this class means the beginning of real life. Real life that involves facing today. Today, I need to pack. More than anything, I do. It's just going to be hard to because I'm lacking serious energy. [I can't even focus in class. Thank God for BlogSpot!] I haven't been sleeping well and that might be due to the fact that I'm going to freaking London in 6 days. I remember when it was 60 days away. Weird. I'm clearly nervous and if I've spoken to you about London, you know how I feel about it. Four presentations left now. I'm just so anxious to go, but I can't decide if I'm more nervous or if I'm more excited. Today is also hard because its the nine month anniversary of Ryan's death. Its the best weather we've had all month, but it feels like its raining. I'm fine- absolutely, but this anniversary just reminds me of my friend and how much I miss him and this knot in my throat doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Blogging I thought was silly at first, but it's allowing me to open up about things I don't really talk about. Thanks for being here :)
Sorry I got sidetracked, more about London. Morgan and I will be rooming together and I feel so fortunate. Two presentations left. She's so, so fun and we joke about how "we're never going to make it back to the states" except, really, we're never going to make it back to the states especially because of the way we've been acting lately... just ask the waiters at Monterrey. Elon has been real this year. One of the best semesters at Elon and best months of my life. I've just recently been more patient about everything while at the same time standing up for myself more and I think that's a big part of how much I've grown up in '09. I also have sick, sick friends I feel I don't deserve. Though its hard to have my best friends at different colleges, the ones I have here are such wonderful company. I'm very appreciative of you.

It's been real, Elon. Thanks for the memories.
Last presentation... I gotta go.

1 comment: